Suggest treatment for frequent defecation of hard pebble like stool in an infant
Could you please let me know any concern or remedy.
Can i give him gripe water or antacid like Rantac syrup.
No need for gripe or antacid.
Thanks for writing to us.
It is pretty normal at this age for stools to become pebble shaped and passing in small amounts.
As long as the baby is feeding well, passing urine at least six to eight times a day, no need to worry.
Usually no medicines are required. At the most you can try some probiotics like Bifilac syrup. I usually prescribe around twice daily for a few days for such babies in my clinic.
Ensure feeding frequently.
As long as there is no fever or dullness or low urine output, no other medicines required.
Also give boiled fruits like Apple and boiled vegetables along with water to keep his fiber intake adequate. This will help in softening stools naturally.
No antacid, no Rantac is required.
Wishing your baby good health.
Hope have answered your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for runny stools
- Baby hard stool treatment
- What is the treatment for hard stools
- Suggest treatment for klebsiella in stool
- Blood in stool suggest the treatment
- Having mucus in stool suggest the treatment
- What is the treatment in defecating with blood
- Hard stool blood treatment
- Suggest treatment for stool dumping
- Suggest treatment for lower right abdominal pain while defecating