Suggest treatment for frequent cold and cough

Dr. Arnab Banerjee

Critical Care Specialist

Posted on Wed, 9 May 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: I get attracted by regular cough and cold quite often, what's the solution?
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need to get clinically examined and further investigations to find out the root cause at first...

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX Welcome to HealthcareMagic,
I've gone through your query and understand your concern,

Well, first of all, it's important to know your age and occupation details...

Is there any frequent exposure to dust/windy places?

Are you allergic to pollen/dust/any food particles?

Was there any history of childhood asthma?

Is there any history of fever/chronic headache/runny nose/sinus infections?

Please note that there are several reasons behind such frequent cough and cold. So a proper clinical examination by an ENT specialist along with few relevant investigations (CBC, Peripheral blood smear, ESR, Chest X-ray, X-ray of the paranasal sinuses etc.) is necessary to find out the exact diagnosis. Treatment is mainly by treating the cause, so, I'd suggest getting clinically examined first in order to find the exact reason behind this.

However, not to worry, as with prompt and timely diagnosis, recovery is also quite quick...

Take Care
Kind Regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee