Suggest treatment for frequent bursting of blood vessels in fingers

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: I burst a bloid vessel in my middle fingef tying a refuse sack yesterday. The same happened carrying something to my forefinger twice recently. What is it?
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
needs testing

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I am Dr Mittal.
I have read your query.
I think I would be able to help you.
The symptoms of the query are quite suggestive of a possible thrombocytopenia. In this condition, the platelets are reduced and therefore , the person can bleed with relatively non traumatic causes.
I think I would suggest that you try to get the following tests -
1. A platelet count.
2. A PT/INR.
I think I would be able to help you find a treatment for the problem after you let me know the results.
I have tried to make it as simple as possible. I hope that the information helps you. Please feel free to contact us for more information. Best of luck. Dr Mittal.
Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist