Suggest treatment for frequent bowels movement problem

Dr. Suresh Heijebu

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Sir i had bowl movement problem Actually my stomach is not clearing in once many times i have to go two -three times. it is coming in bulk not too small sometimes i had 4 times operation of fistulla and piles due to this my stomach is acidic also sometimes Gas trouble will irritate me my weight is 85kg and tummy also.

1-If i will do fasten whole day i had problem in liquid stool just after food when i do fasting.
2- My weight is 85KG and tummy too.
3-Manytimes I will feel gastric issue also.
4-My stomach is just like old man reactive.
5-Just had operation of fistula 15 days back and iam on recovery stage.
6-no suger problem
7-stool is semi liquid and sometimes all liquid.
8- 2-3 stool passing issue.
9-Stomach is too reactive if I eat chilly food or oily food it will feels inside irritating etc.
10-sometimes I have to go for stool after food.
11-sometimes it clears in once in morning I have to go within 10 mins. of wakeup and again in one hour.
Many times taken unienzyme ,sarpharaz 40 etc but not worth.
Sir i had Piles and fistula operation 4 times in 2 year and don’t want to undergo request you please suggest treatment.

Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 36 hours later
Brief Answer:
Lifestyle management needed.

Detailed Answer:
Hi sir,

I have carefully read your query and understand your concern.

Going by your clinical history ,you seem to have "DIARROHEA DOMINATED IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME,D-IBS" in my opinion.
Its quite a prevalent disorder in the general population.

This disorder when properly managed has excellent outcomes.

Conservative lifestyle modification is the corner stone in the management of IBS.

I strongly advice you to STOP all the medications which you are currently using as most of the components can be associated with worsening of your symptoms instead of relieving them.

Following treatment protocol when carefully adhered to will give quick positive results.

1.Take IBS-friendly diet-Oats,barley,rye,apple,banana,carrot and potato.
2.Avoid sorbital and artificial sweetners.
3.Drink 2-3 liters of water,avoid coffee and alcohol.
4.Linseed one tsp/day
5.Briskwalk 20min/day
6.Probiotics
7.Reduce stress.
8.Antimotility agent like tab Loperamide on as on when basis
9.Antidepressants like Escitalopram 2.5 mg in consultation with your doctor.
10.Hypnotherapy,interpersonal therapy
11.Accupunture and reflexology.

I hope this info is useful to you.

Post your further queries on http://bit.ly/drsureshheijebu
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj