Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Suggest treatment for frenulum tear

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 9400 Questions
I having small crack in my penis after intercourse EVERYTIME SINCE LAST DECEMBER 2013. After rest for few days it becomes normal. What should i do? I have tried neosprin applied.

Posted Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Follow instructions, if no relief-doctors appointm

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help.

The condition you are facing is called a frenulum tear. In majority of cases, simple advice like abstaining from sexual intercourse and masturbation for at least a month, keeping the area clean and dry, taking sitz baths with epsom salt, and wearing lose comfortable clothing (preferably cotton) or avoiding inner wear completely for at least a month helps.

The main complication during this period is of course infection. As the groin region contains multitudes of bacteria, an antibiotic ointment like bactricin or neosporin must be used, but on a clean and dry surface. So make sure you apply this at least three times a day, after taking baths at least three times a day with a mild soap.

But in those individuals whom these steps do not help resolve the problem, a doctors visit is required. Once a physical examination is conducted, depending on your current condition your physician will further advice you. For now, please make sure you try all my suggestions and then approach your doctor if you still do not seem to be recovering.

I hope you find my response helpful sir. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help.

Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor