Suggest treatment for fractured penis?

Posted on Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in Penis Problems
Question: is there any treatment for a fractured penis? The injury occurred 3 years ago.
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
surgical treatment is the best option

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Penile fracture generally refers to rupture of the sheath of the corpus cavernosum. The corpus cavernosum are sponge like areas of erectile tissue in the penis.
The human penis is composed of 3 cylinders surrounded by a sheath, 2 of these cylinders are corpus cavernosum.
The tough tissue surrounding the cavernosum is called the tunica albuginea.

This is normally treated as an emergency and the treatment is surgery which is done soon after the injury.

At this stage, 3 yrs later, surgery may not be as successful but it would the best option available.

You would need to consider visiting a urologist who would be able to examine you and determine if surgery is a viable option at this stage.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Answered by
Dr. Michelle Gibson James

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2001

Answered : 16810 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics ,   ,  

Recent questions on  Tunica albuginea

doctor1 MD

So my pens be Bent And I know people say it's normal but when erect mines is at an 90 degree angle I've been worried about it what's wrong with me

doctor1 MD

Hello, i got a penis injury 2 months ago now i think, and it really scared me. I heard a popping sound, but there was no pain at all, no blood, no...

doctor1 MD

Hello, could you please explain how and why penile length is lost because of peyronies disease. And when they talk about loss after surgery does...

doctor1 MD

Hi, 43 yr old male on Aug 2012 MRI Pelvis w/focus on the penis was performed with and without IV contrast. Findings: there are 3 soft tissue...

doctor1 MD

this has been happening to me for about 2 weeks now my first symptom was a hard like lump under skin at the base of my penis and about 2 inches up...

doctor1 MD

Hi. I woke up with an erection, and when I tried to fold it down it my penis made a popping sound. Now my testicles are almost 3x the normal size,...

doctor1 MD

Hello...I am a male of nearly 40 and have never had problems in sexual nature but last night had some sex in a doggy style position and as we were...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

143 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction