Suggest treatment for fractured penis?

Posted on Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in Penis Problems
Question: is there any treatment for a fractured penis? The injury occurred 3 years ago.
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
surgical treatment is the best option

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Penile fracture generally refers to rupture of the sheath of the corpus cavernosum. The corpus cavernosum are sponge like areas of erectile tissue in the penis.
The human penis is composed of 3 cylinders surrounded by a sheath, 2 of these cylinders are corpus cavernosum.
The tough tissue surrounding the cavernosum is called the tunica albuginea.

This is normally treated as an emergency and the treatment is surgery which is done soon after the injury.

At this stage, 3 yrs later, surgery may not be as successful but it would the best option available.

You would need to consider visiting a urologist who would be able to examine you and determine if surgery is a viable option at this stage.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions

Dr. Michelle Gibson James