Suggest treatment for foul smelling vaginal odor

Dr. Soumya

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 3 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: I have been to see numerous MDS for aproblem that has practically ruinend my marriage. I have a vaginal sensitivity ad a horrific odor (somewhere between afish,dead, and ammonia). Noone has been able to help me. Iget presciptions that did not do a thing. Still it has persisted for years! Czn you do anything to help us?
Answered by Dr. Soumya 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
High vaginal swab for culture and sensitivity required

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns about smell in vagina.

Following is my reply:

1). The infection needs different approach.

2) First get high vaginal swab culture and sensitivity test done to identify the organism causing such smell.

3) The report of high vaginal swab will show the organism responsible for infection and the treatment with antibiotics to which the organism is responsive to.

4) This test will isolate list of organism responsible and easier to tackle which was not possible so many years.

5) If possible get an ultrasound scan done to identify long lasting pelvic infection / inflammation causing this discharge which can be treated.

Let me know if you need anymore clarification.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T