Suggest treatment for foreskin tightness and phimosis

Posted on Tue, 16 Jun 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I've used tea tree oil diluted with water to treat a suspected yeast infection on the right side of my foreskin (red, itchy, dry white flaky skin). I woke up the following day with really tight foreskin, phimosis. I'm not sure what to do?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You have Genital Candidiasis.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query,based on the facts and photographs that you have posted it appears that you have Muco Cutaneous Genital Candidiasis.

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your
problem.
1) Were you able to retract your foreskin before you developed this infection.?

Please get your blood sugar levels test done to rule out diabetes.

Start taking anti fungal medication like Fluconazole along with antibiotics like Cefixime twice daily and topical anti fungal cream like Cotrimazole (Candid Cream ) for local application .

Ensure to wash your genitals with warm water twice daily .

Ensure to avoid sexual encounters till it heals up completely.

It will get cured within a week.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist