Suggest treatment for foreskin rupture near penis head

Posted on Wed, 10 Jun 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I have ruptured my foreskin at the side from the head of penis while I was masturbating and its bleeding now what to do its burning while urinating?
Answered by Dr. Rishi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It should stop with compression and ice pack.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Do not worry.
It just requires compression for the bleeding to stop. Just squeeze it with your fingers for the blood to stop. If you apply an ice pack the blood will stop faster. You can then replace the foreskin over the glans penis and leave it like that. The wound would heal over 5 to 7 days provided it is not disturbed for that period. It will require rest and you would need to avoid erections for these days and definitely no masturbation or sexual activity.
If the wound is big then it might not heal so easily. Therefore if you feel it is a big wound then you should show it to a Surgeon for professional opinion. It would be very difficult for me to comment without seeing it.
You could also upload a photo of the injury if you are unable to see a Surgeon.
Dr Rishi, New XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Rishi

General Surgeon