Suggest treatment for foreskin rupture near penis head

Posted on Wed, 10 Jun 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I have ruptured my foreskin at the side from the head of penis while I was masturbating and its bleeding now what to do its burning while urinating?
Answered by Dr. Rishi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It should stop with compression and ice pack.

Detailed Answer:
Do not worry.
It just requires compression for the bleeding to stop. Just squeeze it with your fingers for the blood to stop. If you apply an ice pack the blood will stop faster. You can then replace the foreskin over the glans penis and leave it like that. The wound would heal over 5 to 7 days provided it is not disturbed for that period. It will require rest and you would need to avoid erections for these days and definitely no masturbation or sexual activity.
If the wound is big then it might not heal so easily. Therefore if you feel it is a big wound then you should show it to a Surgeon for professional opinion. It would be very difficult for me to comment without seeing it.
You could also upload a photo of the injury if you are unable to see a Surgeon.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Answered by
Dr. Rishi

General Surgeon

Practicing since :1999

Answered : 1312 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Glans penis

doctor1 MD

there is white deposition between foreskin n glans penis....its bit sticky.....white deposition is there when i skip bath for even one day...

doctor1 MD

Glans Penis swollen after masturbation.After vigorous masturbation I noticed my glans penis was swollen on the sides. There was painless large...

doctor1 MD

I am 27 yrs old.. I have query about the foreskin of the penis..when the penis is erect, the foreskin rolls over the head of the penis butdoes not...

doctor1 MD

hi! im 20yrs old boy. my penis foreskin is not pulling back fully. but my freinds penis skin pulling back fully. so plz give me the reason and give...

doctor1 MD

I am 80 years old and have a small sore on my penis that I know happened after constant rubbing of the skin and probably without enough...

doctor1 MD

I have a question about the penis frenulum . During sex the frenulum ripped and cause bleeding. Now it's no longer attached to the urethra . Will...

doctor1 MD

I am 30 years old. I just had circumcision in August. From October I started developing brown/black patches on the penis glans . The patches are...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

123 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction