Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for foreskin covering the glans penis

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9620 Questions
I have foreskin on my penis is that a problem ?
Posted Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Every one has foreskin.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have foreskin covering your glans penis.

Please note that every man has foreskin which covers glans penis .

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Do you have any problem in retracting it back .?

If the retraction is painful or you are not able to retract it completely it will hinder penetration of vagina during intercourse and in that case you will not be able to enjoy sex with your female partner.

Please consult qualified Urologist or General Surgeon for clinical assessment .
if needed you may have to get circumcised .

This is a simple surgery done under local anaesthesia as a out patient procedure and offers permanent cure and helps to have enjoyable sex for rest of the life.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,
I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for foreskin covering the glans penis 28 minutes later
Is surgery needed ? I have not tried to retract so kindly clarify my doubts
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Sutgery is neede if it is not retractable.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up.
Please consult qualified General Surgeon for clinical examination to confirm the diagnosis.

.He will be able to guide you whether yo need surgery or not.

Thanks and Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor