Suggest treatment for fordyce spots
Fordyce spots with candidal balanoposthitis
I read history and looked at photos you sent. I think you are right. Most probably you may be having Fordyce spots. As you know, the condition is benign and does not require any treatment.
The irritation and redness you have on prepuce and glans may be due to candidal infection. It is a fungal infection caused by yeast known as candida albicans. You may take treatment after consulting dermatologist. Investigations may be done to rule out DM and HIV. You may apply antifungal cream like clotrimazole or moconazole cream. If there is itching, antihistaminics may be taken.
You may feel better after few weeks. But Fordyce spots will remain there. If you wish to be free of them, you may go for electrocautery or Laser therapy. I hope you got my answer. Still any query..you may ask.
Thanks with good wishes...
Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Fordyce spots on labia minora
- Fordyce spot and ayurvedic medicines
- Irregular growth fordyce spots
- Fordyce spots on penile shaft ayurvedic treatment
- Treatment and cure for Fordyce spots
- Fordyce spots treatment in uae
- Dettol fordyce spots
- Fox fordyce spots treatment
- Ayurvedic treatment of fordyces spots
- Ayurvedic treatment for fordyce spots on penis
- Large, pus filled scarred blisters on buttock, raw patch on vagina, bump...
- Burning and warm skin on left of rib cage, no rash or shingles. What...
- Have itching around neck, ankles and under the head of the penis....
- Skin infection since months, itching only during sweating. Diagnosed to...
- Skin type is oily, want to have fair skin. Which cream shall I use?
- Having uncontrollable sweat in underarms. What to do?
- Diabetic. Have red blotches on legs. Suggest
- Noticed lump in nostril. Report showed moderate leucocytes. What does...
- Having clusters of painful warts on palm. Prescribe medications?
- Have bumps on elbow under skin. Having unusual color. What could this be?