Suggest treatment for fordyce spots on the penis

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi I got a small crusty bumps on my penis foreskin two months back it was 0% painless so I left it thinking it will disappear on its own but still it's in my penis foreskin & it's only visible when I get erection & pull My skin backward . There is no pain no itching no discomfort or no pain even when touching the crusty bumps I feel normal but so worried now to know what kind of disease is this & is there anyway to cure it or any chance that I got any STDs I also keep my penis clean wash with soap & water
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Fordyce spots

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us.

I am dr.kakkar(dermatologist and venereologist). I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.
I have viewed the image.
These are fordyce spots which are ectopic sebaceous glands. It is a normal anatomic variation and just a cosmetic concern. It is not an STD.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 8 hours later
Thank you for the reply doctor. 1. do these Fordyce spots spread As I can see little spots appearing on the other places too 2. can I have sex is it safe or do they spread to my partner 3. Is there any cure for these spots
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Regarding fordyce spots

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

Fordyce spots are a common finding on undersurface of prepuce in males, labia minora in females and lips in both sexes. These spots remain localized to these sites only.
Yes, you can have safe sex and they would not spread to your sexual partner.
Though these spots don't require treatment however Carbon Dioxide Laser can be used to abalate these spots.