Suggest treatment for food stuck in throat causing severe cough

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Thu, 11 Feb 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hello,
I feel like food is stuck In esophagus. Causing cough and hiccups
Vomited up salad and perhaps steak.
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Acid Reflux / GERD

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Some thing stuck in throat, hiccups and cough are very likely and specific causes of acid reflux also called GERD. All you need to do is modify diet and lifestyle, eat small frequent meals, avoid lying down after meal for two hours at least, more fiber and fluids , less spices, dairy, stimulants, processed and canned foods, sweets, chocolates and confectionaries.

Take some pepto and request your doctor for nexium or any other antacid. Nothing to worry about .They may add some gastric motility enancing medication as well.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.

Khan