Suggest treatment for folliculitis of the scalp and pimples on face

Posted on Sat, 21 Jun 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Suggest treatment for folliculitis of the scalp and pimples on face
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Medicines for folliculitis scalp

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same.
I have seen the attached prescription .
Since you have developed a folliculitis of the scalp , then I am sure this prescribed medicine should benefit you . I hope you are taking the same as advised.
I would like to know what query you have regarding the skin problem.
I would like to tell you that you have been prescribed antibiotics along with probiotics and a topical antibiotic agent. All of these help in bringing down the follicle infection that you have developed but it might take atleast five to seven days for complete relief .

Dr Geetika Paul
Follow up: Dr. Geetika Paul 12 minutes later
Actually I took attached medication long time back but problem is it is not getting resolved once medication course is complete.
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need for a pus culture

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

Since you have already taken the course of antibiotics as prescribed and still you have developed a recurrence of the lesions over the scalp, then you surely need another course of antibiotic therapy.
But I would advise you to see you doctor and discuss regarding the need for a pus culture and sensitivity test which can tell us regarding the antibiotic which will be useful in your case in treatment of the infection. This prevents the intake of any unnecessary drugs.
So you can get it done from a good lab and then discuss it with your treating doctor regarding further treatment .
Also since you have folliculitis over the scalp, I hope you are aware that you should avoid using any hair oil.
Continue washing your hair with the antiseptic shampoo that you have been prescribed every alternate day.

Hope it helps

Please ask if you need any further clarifications

Dr Geetika Paul
Dr. Geetika Paul

Dermatologist