Suggest treatment for fluttering of heart

Dr. Lilit Baghdasaryan

Cardiologist

Posted on Thu, 27 Aug 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I am 64 yrs old. I can fell my heart flutter. What does that mean?
Answered by Dr. Lilit Baghdasaryan 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need more information

Detailed Answer:
Dear Mrs,

Do you have any arrhythmias, high blood pressure or other diseases? Are you stressed or have anxiety?
How long do you hear it?

Follow up: Dr. Lilit Baghdasaryan 6 minutes later
I have Fibromyalgia. BP is usually around 130 over 90. No stress. Mother died 1 yr. ago and mother-in-law going on a yr. also my father going on 1 yr. Plus a lot of friends lately. I don't hear the flutters, I Feel it . going on and off a few times this evening.
Answered by Dr. Lilit Baghdasaryan 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Arrhythmia can cause such symptoms

Detailed Answer:
Dear Mrs,

Most probably you have arrhythmia when you feel flutter.
I would advise you to have an ECG done, if it doesn't detect any, you should wear heart monitor for a day, to find out what is really going on with your heart when you have those symptoms.

Wishing you good health

In case of further questions don't hesitate to ask

Follow up: Dr. Lilit Baghdasaryan 5 minutes later
Can you explain what an arrhythmia is and should I have the ECG done immediately? Thank You!
Answered by Dr. Lilit Baghdasaryan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Welcome back

Detailed Answer:
Dear Mrs,

Arrhythmias are disturbances of heart rhythm. In this case heart can work either faster, or slower or irregular.
There is absolutely no emergency. But you should do these tests to find out what is it and to receive appropriate treatment.
It is possible that there is nothing wrong, just elevated heart rate during complaints, but arrhythmias should be ruled out.