Suggest treatment for fluid discharge from sore at the back of head?
Oral antifungal treatment needed
It occurs to me that you may be suffering with Tinea capitis or severe seborrhoic dermatitis. The former is more prominent with the description that you gave. You cannot continue with the current OTC medicines. It requires stronger antifungal like Griseofulvin or Terbinafine tablets. They have to be used for at least 8 to 12 weeks. You might have secondary bacterial infection as well.
In any case you need scrapings of the wound and should be observed under microscope to diagnose the exact fungus. Since scalp has a lot of hair follicles and secretes large amount of sebum it is an exact place for the fungus to grow.
I suggest you to stop treating self and head to a Dermatologist for a full treatment. let me know if you need anything else.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Terrible back pain suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for rash on arms and back
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain radiating to head
- Suggest treatment for back injury
- What is the treatment for sore back
- Suggest treatment for back pain
- Suggest treatment for chronic back pain
- Suggest treatment for back pain and cramps
- Suggest ayurvedic treatment for back pain
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain