Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for fluid build up in stomach

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
i have fluid build up in stomach.i have hep c/liver cancer inch n half spot what can b done 2 the fluid n get it 2 stop..or where in lil rock,arkansas can i get treatment.i have blue cross/blue shield and medicade
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 4 hours later
Brief Answer: ascitic fluid tapping can be done Detailed Answer: Hello, I am sorry about your current health status. Ascitic fluid tapping can be done manually by your gastroenterologist to get the fluid out of your stomach. This may need to be repeated often to get it under control. There is a limit to the amount that they tap. The underlying cause for the fluid buildup needs to be treated. As a diagnosed case of liver cancer, there are high chances of failing liver function and subsequent fluid buildup in the stomach. You require a multidisciplinary approach by Gastroenterologist, Oncologist and Oncosurgeon. You would have all of them in higher or tertiary care centres in Little Rock, AK. The treatment for liver cancer would depend on the stage of the cancer. And depending on the treatment, the fluid may or may not stop accumulating in your abdomen. You should be on a low protein diet to prevent further fluid accumulation. In my view, you should get back to your primary doctor who diagnosed you with the cancer, and ask him for a specialist / Hospital reference in your area. Below I have mentioned few specialists’ details in little rock, Arkansas that could be of help to you. ==================================================== Dr. XXXXXXX F. Smart, MD Gastroenterology Gastroenterology Associates 409 N University Ave Little Rock, AR 72205 (501) 664-6980 (Office) Dr. XXXXXXX A. Metrailer Sr, MD XXXXXXX A Metrailer MD 1100 N University Ave Suite 102 Little Rock, AR 72207 (501) 603-2244 (Office) Dr. C D. Greenway, MD Gastroenterology Associates 409 N University Ave Little Rock, AR 72205 (501) 664-6980 (Office) =================================================== Hope this information helps you. Let me know if you have further concerns. Regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor