Suggest treatment for fluctuating BP while on Olmetime-AMH

Posted on Tue, 16 Jun 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: i m taking olmesartan amh 20 but my bp not controlled i hav sugar 90 fast and 160
Answered by Dr. Divakara 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dose needs to be increased.

Detailed Answer:
HI

Greetings from Dr.Divakara.P

Well if your BP is not controlled with Olmesartan amh 20 then the dose has to be increased. Before advising you that I would like to know whether you are taking this medicine once a day or twice a day?

Also what is your present/recent BP ?

Your Fasting sugar is normal but post food sugar of 160 is high. I need to know are you Diabetic ? If so are you taking any medicines for it ?

Kindly revert back with the details asked for further discussion.

Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Divakara 1 hour later
sir,
after taking olmesartan amh 20 bp is 150 after 2 hour again uneasiness at evening again uneasiness but not monitor bp metformin also prescribed weight loss 17 kg with in 5 month also diet control doctor had also adviced when needed take etizolam 0.25 but form stomatitis also now i stop metformin and taking baba ramdev awla karela juice 2 time in empty stomach olmetime amh 20 one time some time etizolam 0.25 thats all
Answered by Dr. Divakara 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Increase the dose of Olmesartan AMH.

Detailed Answer:
HI

Thanks for the information.

Well i that case you can increase the dose of Olmesartan AMH to one and half tablet per day . This will bring down your blood pressure to normal levels.

But apart from tablets you need to do daily aerobic exercise and folllow low salt diet.

Exercise : Do aerobic exercises like Brisk walking , Jogging , Running , Cycling or Swimming at least 30 minutes every day .

Diet : Reduce the intake of salt, avoid chips, salted biscuits, french fries, pizza and Pickles and canned food.

Kindly discuss with your doctor regarding increasing the dose of BP medication.

Hope this information was useful to you.
Any clarification feel free to ask.

Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Divakara 2 hours later
sir,
karela awla juice is good or not along with olmesartan amh and i m taking one vit also lycopene one time but why stomatitis prblem and when i take almond or oats flatulence increases.
kindly clear my question
Answered by Dr. Divakara 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Flatulence Could be due to Karela juice or Lycopene.

Detailed Answer:
HI

Your Flatulence could be either due to Karela awla juice or it could be due to Lycopene.

First you stop Lycopene and observe if your Flatulence improves or not . Observe for around 2 weeks and if still no improvement then it is due to the Karela awla juice . In that case you need to stop it and go for an alternate Diabetic medicine ( I would recommend Allopathic medicine only )

Even Stomatitis could be due to Karel awla juice or it could be due to Vitamin deficiency. I advise you to get Serum Vitamin B12 and Serum Ferritin and revert back.

Any clarifications feel free to ask .
Dr. Divakara