Suggest treatment for flu after a tonsillectomy
You should be admitted for indoor treatment.
Thank you for your query.
1. Yes, it seems that you do have a flu immediately after a tonsillectomy.
2. The cold was a possible indication that you had an early infection while you went in for the procedure.
3. You should be admitted for indoor treatment.
4. Overall, you are responding to treatment and hence this should subside. I would recommend IV medication, anti-reflux medication, higher antibiotics (including those for stomach infections) than oral azithromycin.
5. Rule out other causes for the nausea such as morning sickness.
I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any more questions I will be available to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cold or flu post tonsillectomy
- Treatment for pain after lingual tonsillectomy
- Suggest treatment for flu like symptoms
- Suggest treatment for coldcough and ear itching after viral flu
- Flu symptoms after tonsillectomy
- Treatment and cure for tonsillectomy
- Tonsillectomy nursing treatment
- Suggest treatment for stomach flu
- Treatment for flu
- Flu after tonsillectomy