Suggest treatment for floaters in the left eye

Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale

Posted on Thu, 30 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a spot in my left eye that looks like a mosquitoe. There is no mosquitoe in my eye but it just looks like one. It kind of floats around. What might this be?
Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
could be due to age wise degeneration Exclude pathology by expert advise

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for the query through Health care magic. I have read it &understand your concern.
The mosqueto like thing you feel in the eye is called floater...it represents degenerative changes in eye ball.. the degenerated particles are deposited in vitrious humor (fluid in inner eye)&it keeps on moving with eye ball movements Usually they do not hamper eye sight &are over the time unnoticed due to habit.
At an advanced age.. it could indicate some serious degenerative process in eye ( retinal or lence).. which needsto be treated in time.
So I would advise you to consult your opthalmologist for detailed eye check up to exclude/find eye problem that needs treatment.. to be followed by specific management of problem if any.
I hope the answer was both informative &useful to you. Any follow up query is welcome.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad