Suggest treatment for flatulence, anxiety and fatigue

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: A couple days ago i had 6 aspirin within 2 days. No bm for 2 days so i took some milk of magnesia, now Burning when pooping, reddish brown gelatinous and stringy poop, feels raw and like there is mucus in back of throat, flush on tongue, fatigue, weight loss, weakness, feels like gas moving in abdomen, anxiety, no appetite, swollen glands in neck that are painful to the touch
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Gastritis with infection

Detailed Answer:
As you are complaining reddish brown color of stools.A stool routine andmicroscopy should be done to find out presence of blood in stool.6 asprin is too much of a dose.Your symptoms can be because of severe gastritis caused due to high dose aspirin.I would suggest you to take pantoprazole 40mg once daily along with a probiotic.Probiotic will replenish the depleted intestinal flora and will make digestion normal again.Antacid can also be taken along with them for a few days.
Swollen tender glands in neck can be due to infection.
Blood investigation like
Total leucocyte count
Differential leucocyte count
Complete blood count
serum peocalcitonin should be done to rule out infection.As infection can be associated with fatigue lassitude anorexia etc.
Enzyme like papain and amylase can be taken twice daily before food.

To cut it short-
Take pantoprazole 40mg daily empty stomach.
Tablet antacid twice dailly
Good quality probiotic.
get TLC,CBC,DLC done.
get stool for occult blood done.

Thanks!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 4 hours later
My stomach and back feel pretty warm. Is this part of it too?
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follow up advice!

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,
Yes its gastritis with heart burn with disturbed G.I flora.All the symptoms are included in it.
just follow my advice for few days and you will be much better.
Thanks!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad