Suggest treatment for flatulence and lower back pain

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Fri, 31 Mar 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I am having severe gastrointestinal gas pain, lower back pain and chills.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
What's your temperatures? Stools? And urination?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this pain that you have reported. This might be suggestive of a digestive of kidney problem. If the temperature is more than 99.5, then there is a systemic infection going on that will need to be investigated and managed with antibiotics.

For the pains, I suggests that you replace motrin with Tylenol: 1000mg every 8hours. Motrin can cause some other stomach problems and we must avoid getting there. Also, comment about the frequency and nature of your stools as well as the duration of these symptoms.

I hope to hear from you and promise working more with you to establish the cause and propose a management plan aimed at addressing your worries.