Suggest treatment for flatulence and constipation in a 22-year-old woman
Thank you for asking
I read your question and I understand your concern. Farting itself is a normal phenomenon if in limits. Every body does that to some extent. One can fart 10 to 20 times normally in a single day. That is normal.
If you feel like it is more than that or you feel bloated stomach than you are likely using some trigger causing it. Avoid too much carbohydrates . Chewing gums also cause Farting. Air breathing through mouth can cause Farting. There is a long list.
Not being able to poo is a variable phenomenon. If You Have not defecated for more than few days and have a history of constipation or hard stools then that may also cause such presentation.
Nut shell drink plenty of fluids take fibrous diet minimum of 35 gm a day and hope for the best. If the problem persists you may try some gastric Prokinetics to help motility and consult a doctor nearby for further guidance.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for foulsmelling flatulence
- Treatment and cure for chronic flatulence
- Suggest treatment for flatulence and blood in stool
- Suggest treatment for appetite loss and flatulence
- Suggest treatment for flatulence and belching
- Treatment and cure for flatulence nausea
- Excessive flatulence treatment
- 8 year old flatulence daughter
- Three year old with constipation treatment
- Suggest treatment for flatulence in baby
- Inflamed gums, bleeding. Was on prednisone. Had herpes. Is this a sign...
- Upper eyelid skin graft done to lengthen eyelid was not successful. Can...
- Diagnosed with stiff person syndrome and having muscle spasms. Taking ...
- Have hep c, HIV with anemia, fluid retention in legs, rash on palms and...
- Having trouble sleeping due to worry. Done with nuclear stress test and...
- Have Polymyalgia rheumatica. Having pain and feeling uncomfortable. What...
- Suffering from severe anxiety and pain in abdomen. Could It be...
- What is the best cream for haemorrhoids?
- Feels like room is spinning and have dizziness. Could I ask a doctor?
- Experiencing pain in ear and getting headache around left ear. What...