question-icon

Suggest treatment for flank pain

Posted on Mon, 23 Nov 2015
Question: I went to the er last night for right flank pain they did all the test and said it appeared I had a kidney stone but must have passed it because the ct didn't show anything, I am having the same pain today should I go back to er?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko (15 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Appendicitis can be developing.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Right side abdominal pain can be misdiagnosed. Appendicitis has to be ruled out. Sometimes it takes a day or two for this disease to give any changes in the blood work.
If you have also nausea, lack of appetite, slight fever or your heart rate is more than 100/minute, you definitely should visit ER.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.
Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon