Suggest treatment for fixed drug eruption on penis
Mometasone and fusidic acid, Drug list
Thank you for posting on HCM.
Fixed drug eruption/ reaction (FDR) is a specific type of drug reaction where the reaction has peculiarity of recurring at same site after intake of offending drug.
There is a long list of drugs which cause FDR but important ones include NSAIDs, Anticonvulsants, Penicillin and group of drugs, sulpha drugs etc.
Kindly ask your treating dermatologist to provide a complete list of offending drugs which you can present to doctors before taking any medications for future ailments.
Generally, in my patients along with the drug list, I give short course of oral prednisolone and a mometasone and fusidic acid based cream for local application twice a day over affected sites.
Take oral antihistaminics for itching as required.
Hope the answer was useful.
Let me know if I can help you more in this regard.
For any further queries in future you can reach me directly via my profile page.
Also, I request you to drop your valuable review on my profile page.
Thank you and take care,
Dr Hardik Pitroda
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for fixed drug eruption
- Periareolar fixed drug eruption
- Fixed drug eruption crestor
- Fixed drug eruption metamucil
- Fixed drug eruption causes
- Testicular fixed drug eruption
- Fixed drug eruption differin
- Symptoms of fixed drug eruption
- Will fixed drug eruptions go away
- Diagnosis of fixed drug eruption