question-icon

Suggest treatment for fixed drug eruption on penis

Posted on Thu, 10 Jul 2014
Question: what is the medication for Fixed Drug Eruption on penies
Answered by Dr. Hardik Pitroda (48 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Mometasone and fusidic acid, Drug list

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for posting on HCM.
Fixed drug eruption/ reaction (FDR) is a specific type of drug reaction where the reaction has peculiarity of recurring at same site after intake of offending drug.
There is a long list of drugs which cause FDR but important ones include NSAIDs, Anticonvulsants, Penicillin and group of drugs, sulpha drugs etc.
Kindly ask your treating dermatologist to provide a complete list of offending drugs which you can present to doctors before taking any medications for future ailments.
Generally, in my patients along with the drug list, I give short course of oral prednisolone and a mometasone and fusidic acid based cream for local application twice a day over affected sites.
Take oral antihistaminics for itching as required.
Hope the answer was useful.
Let me know if I can help you more in this regard.
For any further queries in future you can reach me directly via my profile page.
Also, I request you to drop your valuable review on my profile page.
Thank you and take care,
Dr Hardik Pitroda
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Hardik Pitroda

Dermatologist