Suggest treatment for fissured tongue
Based on the image provided, the diagnosis is a fissured tongue. In my clinical setup whenever I encounter such tongue abnormalities, I try to correct any underlying nutritional deficiencies by prescribing B complex vitamins , folic acid and iron supplements. Oral nystatin drops and metronidazole/ doxycycline can be prescribed prophylactically against fungal and anaerobic infection. Adequate oral hygiene should also be maintained by regularly using mouthwash and brushing your tongue with a tooth paste like hi salz or lasogen.
Dr. M.S. Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Fissured tongue causes
- Fix fissured tongue
- Fissured tongue in megaloblastic anemia
- Treatment and cure for fissured tongue
- Treatment of fissured tongue
- Baby with fissured tongue
- Symptoms of fissured tongue
- Fissured tongue will affect speech
- Fissured tongue and autoimmune disease
- Diagnosis of fissured tongue
- What does blood in urine after a spider bite suggest?
- Suggest treatment for high phosphorus content in body
- What causes swelling in the face area?
- What are the symptoms of lyme disease?
- Suggest treatment for fatigue and excessive tiredness
- What causes Fever, headache, chest pain and shortness of breath in...
- What causes swelling and pain in left lower sternum area?
- Is pregnancy possible in women with endometrial hyperplasia?
- Suggest remedy for pain from tumor on the liver
- Can Methadone be taken along with Subutex?