Suggest treatment for fish scale disease
Icthyosis vulgaris; Urea and lactic acid based moisturisers
Hello. Thank you for writing to us
I a Dr.Kakar (Dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.
You most likely have a condition known as Icthyosis Vulagris which presents with fish like scales on extensor surfaces of legs and forearms, commonly. The dryness and scaling is more common in winters as compared to summers. It is an inherited condition caused by Filaggrin mutations.
I would suggest you to apply a urea + lactic acid based moisturiser, twice daily e.g Ureativ- 20% cream Or Amylac Lotion Or Xerina Lotion. These ingredients exfoliate dry, scaly skin as well as trap moisture/ hydrate the skin due to the hygroscopic action.
Icthyosis Vulagris is weather dependent and is usually more severe in winters than in summers, therefore you need to use these moisturisers regularly, particularly in winters
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for dy and scaling skin
- Suggest treatment for parkinsons disease
- What treatment is suggested for parkinson disease
- Diagnosed with lyme disease suggest the treatment
- Suggest treatment for ocd treatment
- Suggest treatment for peyronies disease
- Suggest suitable treatment for periodontal disease
- Suggest treatment for crohn s disease
- Suggest treatment for triple vessel disease
- Suggest treatment for diverticular disease