Suggest treatment for fibromyalgia

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in Women's Health
Question: I had a mirena iud inserted in 2008 after my son was born and a 2nd, five years later in 2013. 6 months after I had the mirena put in, i was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. The fibromyalgia flared in 2014 and again this year. For the past couple of weeks, I have had a headache at the base of my head causing pain through my neck and shoulders into my back. I am constantly feeling lightheaded and dizzy. My legs and feet are constantly feeling tingling as well as my hands. I constantly feel like I am freezing and my hands are always feeling like ice.

I had a number of blood tests done within the past 2 months. My ANA came back positive but the follow-up tests for Lupus and such came back normal.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Exercises and methylcobalamin can help.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Fibromyalgia can not be totally cured, you can only minimise symptoms by taking various medications. As you cannot take amitryptiline and duloxetin or Lyrica (pregabalin) you can start with methylcobalamin supplements and a mild pain killer after consulting your treating doctor.

Exercises and stretches plays important role in maintaining symptoms of fibromyalgia.

Physiotherapy like ultrasound and tens will help, along with knee exercises.

A holistic approach is required, which includes exercises, meditation, SKY [sudarshan XXXXXXX yoga] and acupuncture along with healthy diet and herbs.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D