• question-icon

Suggest treatment for fibromyalgia and sleep apnea

Posted on Wed, 8 Oct 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Question: I have experienced several medical problems including fibromyalgia, sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome , rhynobes syndrome , factor V lieden, osteoporsis and obesity. I have dealt with all the symptoms related with the following for years . But recently , like the last 2 months , I Have been in HORRIBLE pain in my hands , mostly in my thumbs going into lower arm , to the point I drop things and it hurts to be bumped or touched.
I run them under hot water, wear arthritis gloves anything for relief. And second, I fell in march and broke my right femur havent been the same since. Leg healed , But I have developed HORRIBLE pain in both legs from my knees down, to the point its very hard to walk , some times even just standing up to go to bath room at night and the more Im on them the worse they get almost like they wont hold me up they are so sore. Its so bad I just cry. And now my 31 yr old daughter is going through similar problems and cant get any answers or a diagnosis either and that stops her from getting any help.They say she has signs of MS but test are all NEG. HELP! Please Help Us Find Answers.
Answered by Dr. Eris Ranxha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Progressive poly neuropathia

Detailed Answer:
Dear,

I am sorry for the symptoms you are suffering

As it has been a long time you are suffering from these symptoms the most probably cause should be poly neuropathy. I know you have done a lot of examination but in most cases it is difficult to find the cause

As for your daughter, you should understand if RM is normal MS is excluded
I think it would be helpful to find a specialized clinic and undertake a muscular biopsy.

Hope my answer will help you and lead to the right diagnose
Best regards
Dr Eris Ranxha
Neurologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari
Follow up: Dr. Eris Ranxha 4 days later
I am going to my rheumatologist tomorrow and am wondering if the progressive poly nyopathia you speak of is generalized. Like arthritis,or fybro? I’m having trouble finding info. I have also been asked by many non medical people if I have a systemic disease or lupus. Is there anything you can think of I could ask dr snouty tomorrow. I’m 50 and hurt and walk around with cane and walker if need to. I have also developed lumps the size of grapes I my right arm they took some out now more have developed And are sore to touch.i need answers would you recommends mayo clinic or university of nebraska for some kind of work up for answers not finding here. Thanks so much for your time and help.
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Eris Ranxha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Lab tests

Detailed Answer:
Dear
you should ask your rheumatologist for the laboratory test you should do to exlude sistemic disorders ( ANA, XXXXXXX etc)
In my opinion the best place is mayo clinic
Please provide me with full exam you have done (upload them)
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Eris Ranxha

Neurologist