Suggest treatment for fibroadenoma and itchy skin

Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar

Posted on Thu, 8 Sep 2016 in Lupus
Question: I am detected with fibroedenoma. There are many lumps and the biggest one is about 5.5 cm in diameter. Skin on it is getting dry and itchy.
Answered by Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Its lipoma

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for query.

Fibroadenoma has nothing to do with these lumps on your body. Lumps which you describe are Lipomas. They occur in any individual irrespective of age and gender.
Lipomas can be single and multiple. They are bening tumours,so you don't need to worry at all.
If you are really worried you can consult a plastic surgeon for removal,But only plastic surgeon can do a good job.
Due to protrusion of lipoma through skin, it leads to dryness and itching.
You can apply normal moisturiser on it.If itching is severe, you can take Tab allegra just once after food,But this medication is available only with doctor's prescription.

Dr VSK
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Follow up: Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar 8 minutes later

I have went through sonography and I am detected with fibroedenoma. I have lumps in breast. Should I be concerned? Will it be dangerous during pregnancy?
Answered by Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Biopsy

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for follow up.
I understand your concern.
Only after doing a fine needle aspiration or biopsy we can conclude well.
First get a biopsy done if you are really worried., so that you come to conclusion and then you can plan your pregnancy. If it doesn't grow in size,not painfull, no impact on shape of breast, then you just need regular check-up with gynecologist.

Dr VSK