question-icon

Suggest treatment for fever

Posted on Fri, 7 Nov 2014
Question: Hello sir, my 2. 4 year old daughter traveled with me to my village where she got fever. It has been almost 7 days and the fever has persisted. While her hands and other body parts are ok, her head is very warm. I visited doctor 5 days ago and he prescribed aziwok, croc in and tyxilix. She was also coughing a lot. After two days when she kept having fever and was keeping very quiet we went to see the doctor again. He prescribed augmentin dads and MIT linctus codeinae . Tests, blood and urine were also prescribed. Yest night the reports came and her widal test was (1:160) positive. We went to doctor at night who diagnosed typhoid and has prescribed the following drugs aziwok, MIT linctus codeinae, crocin and monocef o 100. Can u pls let me know if the treatment is right and what we should be doing. As I write this, she still has fever, is very quiet and coughing.thanks
Answered by Dr. Sudhir (25 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Yes, treatment looks fine.

Detailed Answer:

Yes, treatment looks fine.She is on antibiotic, cough syrup and antipyretic.This should take care of her symptoms and clear off her infection.

Hope this helps.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.
Dr. Sudhir