• question-icon

Suggest treatment for fever with joints pain and backache

Posted on Mon, 27 Jul 2015 in Infections
Question: Hi,

I had very high fever on the morning of Saturday (104F) for which the doctor prescribed hifenac, loxof250, and vozet. I took the tablets as prescribed and my fever was down to less than normal on Sunday.

Sunday - i moved out a bit in the evening when it was windy. MOnday morning i took a hot water bath and left for office. The AC was working on an overdrive in my cabin for close to 2-3 hours. Right after lunch my temperature is back to 102. There were 2 tablets each of loxof and vozet that were pending - i took one of them after eating something in the evening. However, the temperature has not reduced.

When i had fever on Saturday - i did not have cold. However, now i have a blocked nose. Also, Saturday my blood pressure was 100/70.

I do not have any joint pain. However, lower back was hurting on Saturday and i was given Inj. Voveron to reduce the pain and it has gone completely.

Please let me know what the pattern suggests.
Answered by Dr. Divakara 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could be Dengue Infection.

Detailed Answer:
HI

Well your symptoms fit into more for a viral infection, especially Fever with backache we suspect Dengue Infection first.

In that regard I would recommend few test for you.

Complete Hemogram , Dengue Profile, IgM Typhi Dot.

For the time being just take Paracetamol for your fever and revert back to me with reports.

Hope this information was useful to you .

Regards.
Dr. Divakara