Suggest treatment for fever with ear pain

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have fever and my ears hurt really bad!
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Probably an ear infection!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about these symptoms that you have reported. Hurting ears and fever is very suggestive of an ear infection with the most likely possibility being otitis media. This can be caused by viruses or bacteria. Best treatment entails pain management with drugs like Tylenol, Ibuprofen, etc and an antibiotic if there is strong suspicion that it is caused by a bacteria.

For this, you would need to get your ears examined. A general physician should be able to assist you with this. You may need too see an ENT(Ear, Nose and Throat) specialist should he find reasons for referral.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 10 hours later
Now my ears are bleeding. . is that normal
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is not normal!

Detailed Answer:
Please, it is not normal to have bleeding from the ears.

I will suggest that you seek immediate and urgent medical attention.

I wish you well.