question-icon

Suggest treatment for fever, sore throat, cough and diarrhea

Posted on Thu, 27 Nov 2014
Question: I've had a low grade fever off and on for the past two weeks. 5 days ago the fever has been continuous. I also have major face congestion with popping ears, sore throat and sore lungs and a tiny cough now. And mild diarrhea started yesterday. Should I get an antibiotic?
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson (9 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Need diagnosis, may need antibiotic

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
I am sorry that you are having these problems. You may need an antibiotic. It sounds like you could have an ear infection, sinusitis or bronchitis. The important thing is to see a doctor and get a good exam to determine what the problem is and what antibiotic or other treatment might be best to treat your infection. A fever for two weeks is concerning so please see a doctor as soon as possible.
Thanks for consulting HCM.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Kathy Robinson