Suggest treatment for fever, painful swollen skin infection and severe redness
Thanks for the query and photograph.
It is looking like bacterial infection.
Oral antibiotic azithromycin have been prescribed.
It will take at least two days for the antibiotic to show response.
There is nothing to worry.
Apply an anti bacterial cream like mupirocine twice daily after cleaning the area with warm water.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Wait for two days
Wait for two more days if there is no response change of antibiotic might be considered.
Keep the area clean and apply ointment mupirocine.
This should help him.
Keep me updated about his condition.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Proteus skin infection treatment
- Suggest treatment for skin infection under the breast
- Suggest treatment for cnes and bacterial skin infection
- Pseudomonas skin infection treatment
- Suggest treatment for itching on feet due to skin infection
- Suggest treatment for skin infection
- Corynebacterium skin infection treatment
- Treatment and cure for skin infection
- Skin infection around the penis suggestions treatment
- Antibiotic for skin infection treatment