Suggest treatment for fever in a child
I appreciate your concern about your grand daughter.
You have not mentioned when did you start giving antibiotics.
After starting antibiotics, it will take 2-3 days to subside symptoms.
If you are giving since last 5 days, now you need to visit doctor.
To investigate her by doing blood tests, complete urine tests and other related tests like X-ray.
To change the antibiotics and other medication as per her diagnosis.
Meantime here I am giving a suggestion to reduce temperature.
Please keep doing sponge your grand daughter's body (especially limbs, underarms, back, abdomen) with washcloth which is soaked in lukewarm water.
Keep recording temperature values, it will help you and your doctor to know the health condition of child.
Hope I have answered your question.
If you have any questions I will be happy to help you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Child with fever and skin rashes treatment
- Suggest treatment for enteric fever
- Suggest treatment for typhoid fever
- Child with diarrhea and vomiting fever treatment
- Suggest treatments for scarlet fever or glandular fever
- Suggest treatment for high fever
- What is the treatment for fever in a child
- What treatment is suggested for fever
- Child having high fever suggest the treatment
- Typhoid fever treatment for child