Suggest treatment for fever in a child after injury
Fever unlikely due to head injury
Welcome to the HCM
I understand your concerns but don't worry. Fever is unlikely due to head injury.
Head injuries are unlikely due to falls from height which are less than 3 feet. In case they occur, the presentation is with bruise, bleeds, pain, consciousness disturbances, breathing problems, behavioral changes, vomiting, seizures etc. They occur usually within 24 hours of fall.
Fever episodes in this age group is commonly due to self limiting viral illness which requires just symptomatic treatment. So, continue Tylenol for the time being. You may repeat it after 6-8 hours if fever persists. It will improve in next few days.
Hopefully this will help you. I would be happy to help you in any further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Swollen foot and fever after an injury taking tylenol treatment
- Treatment for nausea after child s head injury
- Fever after head injury
- Fever after coccyx injury
- Suggest treatment for pain around eye after an injury
- What is the cause of fever after an injury
- Fever after ankle injury
- Suggest treatment for dizzy spells after an injury
- Suggest treatment for headachesswelling and tenderness after an injury
- Suggest treatment for open lip after an injury
- Under what conditions should breastfeeding be restricted to infant?
- What causes absence seizures after adenoid and tonsil removal?
- Suggest treatment for sleep movement disorder
- Is HSV infection as dangerous as HIV infection?
- Suggest treatment for persistent fever and frequent urination
- Can Lanzol be given along with milk to a 3 year old?
- What causes fever after vaccination in child?
- What causes swellings on back of head in a toddler?
- Is it safe to give Spark energy drink to children?
- Is burning sensation in throat after eating hot food a cause for concern?