Suggest treatment for fever, cough and pain in eyes

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Posted on Thu, 28 Jul 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have fever from last two days.. Eyes are paining from inside, have cough and cold too

Have taken Paracetamol for fever and a cough syrup for cough should I visit a doc or should continue these medicine
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
URTI

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
You seem to be suffering from Upper Respiratory tract infection (URTI).

You should do warm saline gargles and steam inhalation. You should drink hot fluids like ginger tea, that will soothe the throat pain. Adding honey in lukewarm water helps in soothing the pain.

Take Levocetrizine for cough. You may take Paracetamol 500 mg every 8 hourly for fever and body aches.

If you problem persists for more then 3-4 days, then you would need to see a doctor for addition of antibiotics like Azithromycin or Amoxycillin and getting investigations done, if required.

Usually URTI is because of Viral infection only and improves with 3-5 days of medicines, Antibiotics
are not frequently required.

So, you may further wait for a day and if no relief, see your doctor.

This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me.
Stay Healthy.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina