Suggest treatment for fever, cough and pain in eyes
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
You seem to be suffering from Upper Respiratory tract infection (URTI).
You should do warm saline gargles and steam inhalation. You should drink hot fluids like ginger tea, that will soothe the throat pain. Adding honey in lukewarm water helps in soothing the pain.
Take Levocetrizine for cough. You may take Paracetamol 500 mg every 8 hourly for fever and body aches.
If you problem persists for more then 3-4 days, then you would need to see a doctor for addition of antibiotics like Azithromycin or Amoxycillin and getting investigations done, if required.
Usually URTI is because of Viral infection only and improves with 3-5 days of medicines, Antibiotics
are not frequently required.
So, you may further wait for a day and if no relief, see your doctor.
This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for headache throat pain cough fever
- What are the treatments for cough fever and back pain
- Fever drowsiness pain on coughing white diarrhoea treatment
- Suggest treatment for cough after fever
- Suggest treatment for fever with pain in forehead and eye
- Fever cough eye pain
- Suggest treatment for fever with eye pain and headaches
- Suggest treatment for cold and cough with mild fever
- Suggest treatment for fever with headache and cough
- Suggest treatment for low fever with productive cough treatment