Suggest treatment for fever, cough and cold
The symptoms are likely to be due to cold
Her symptoms are likely to be due to a cold which is viral in nature. Antibiotics are of no use and should not be taken in this case. Most of the time the cold will resolve in 5 days.
In my patients I would normally give cetrizine 10mg at night and paracetamol 500mg thrice a day for the fever and headache. I would also ask my parents to take steam inhalation thrice a day.
If there is more cough I would start them on benadryl cough syrup to be taken as two teaspoon twice a day.
please ask her to take rest and follow this advice. she will be fine!
So my wife should ignore the blackness on the tounge,its slightly terrifying!
And for her earache she should just take paracetmol!
yes, paracetamol should be enough
The blackening may be seen in viral infections and reduced oral intake. If it is not increasing and she has no numbness of her tongue or burning sensation, then i think you can ignore it for the time being.
paracetamol should take care of the ear pain and should be enough. Ear drops will not be useful as her ear drum will be intact.
I hope I have answered all your questions satisfactorily.
she will be fine!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for cold cough fever despite calpol
- Suggest treatment for fever with cold and blocked nose
- Suggest treatment for fever with cold and body ache
- What treatment is suggested for fever and cold
- Suggest treatment for persistent fever with cold and stomach upset
- Suggest treatment for allergic cold and fever
- What are the treatments for recurring cold fever and cough
- Treatment for child s frequent cold cough and fever
- Swimming cold cough fever shaking treatment
- Suggest treatment for cold and cough with mild fever