Suggest treatment for fever, cough and black stool

Posted on Tue, 28 Feb 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I FEEL FEVER, COUGH AND BLACKISH STOOL IS COMING OUT , WHAT CAN BE THE REASON
Answered by Dr. Rajaram KG 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is respiratory tract infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Thank you for posting your question on Healthcaremagic.
The fever and cough you are experiencing is due to Upper respiratory tract infection.
How bad is the cough?because black stool usually means altered blood anywhere in the GI tract most likely in the stomach, which could be due to severe cough also.
One other reason could be that due to the infection itself there could be minor trauma in your throat or airway which could have caused little bleeding and if you have swallowed the blood it causes black stool.
Nevertheless please start taking Tab Augmentin DUO 625 mg twice a day for 5 days and Tab Pantoprazole 40mg twice a day half an hour before food for 10days.
If black stool persists please see a gastroenterologist for further work up.
Hope this helps
Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Rajaram KG

Orthopaedic Surgeon