• question-icon

Suggest treatment for fever, body pain and persistent sweating while on Prednisone

Posted on Wed, 5 Jul 2017 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: I was prescribed 500mg Amoxicillin for 10 days, along with decrease amounts of 5mg Prednisone over 7 days. I had a fever of 103 and severe body aches, along with sleep sweats and uncontrollable shivering. Is this a flu or something bacterial ??
Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
bacterial infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking in HealthcareMagic.

I can understand your concern

Given the fact that you are taking antibiotic and steroids it seems to me that this is a bacterial infection.

It might have been started as a flu and superimposed later from bacterial agents.

I advice you to continue all the treatment and in the end do a chest X Ray if it is possible for you.

Or you can attach me the result and i will help you again

Take care and feel free to ask me again

Dr.Jolanda
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Jnikolla

Pulmonologist