Suggest treatment for fever, back pain and body pain

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Fri, 30 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: My wife is suffering from fever since yesterday. When temp comes she has body ache and back pain. Temp is around 101. After taking medicine the temp goes down for 6-8 hrs. Please suggest.!she is taking Zifi 200 and Signoterm 1 tab each twice a day.
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs workup and management

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and I understand your concern. Fever of 101 with body aches and back aches should be sorted our for the focus of infection. Oral swabs if sore throat , urine exam , blood picture and chest X rays are mandatory to find the cause of infection.

Zia it is cefixime and should be used only once focus of infection is found. Also dose should be 400 mg .

You need to get your wife to an internist and let them help you in this regard.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.

Regards XXXXXXX
Follow up: Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 4 minutes later
Do I need to visit a GP for further investigation
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
yes

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for getting back to me

Fever needs to be investigated for sure so yes it would be wise to visit a GP. They will run some labs and we will have our answers.

Regards XXXXXXX