Suggest treatment for fever and sweat out breaks

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Question
My son is allergist against a lot of meds .he tolerated doxycycline when antibiotic was needed. he is having some kind of infection (bump on his check butt) he feels like having a fever and has sweat out breaks. I could provide from previous rx for him augmentin or clindamycin . what would be best for such symptoms. thanks for your help
Posted Fri, 15 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Praveen G 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Augmentin can be given

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,

As he was given tab Augmentin previously and has tolerated, for his present symptoms you can give him Tab Augmentin. This should be taken twice daily for five days.

This is an excellent drug which covers the organisms causing causing these symptoms.

If the symptoms are not subsiding he may require lab investigation like CBC, blood culture and drug susceptibility.
Thank you.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for fever and sweat out breaks 24 minutes later
it was doxycycline tolerated before. can I administer augmentin ?
he has 102 fever it was doxycycline he tolerated - can I give augmentin?
would naproxen be appropriate?

Answered by Dr. Praveen G 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Naproxen can be given

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for follow up query,

Give tab Naproxen which wil reduce the inflammation and fever.Give him cold tepid sponging.

If he is allergic to penicillin group of drugs you cannot give him Augmentin. If you have Tab Doxycycline give that it will cover this infection.

Otherwise to reduce the fever and pain give cold water sponge and tab Naproxen. The other antibiotic can be taken only after drug susceptibility testing from your doctor.

Thank you.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for fever and sweat out breaks 2 days later
How much Naproxen can he take per dose per day to treat inflammation on his butt cheek?
Thanks

Answered by Dr. Praveen G 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
500 mg

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thank you for follow up query,

He can be given 500 mg, twice daily for 3 to 5 days for his symptoms.
Thank you.