Suggest treatment for fever and severe cough in a child
Coriminic can be given
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through the details and understand your concern. Most often such symptoms are due to viral infections and antibiotics are ineffective in such cases. It usually spontaneously resolves in 5-7 days. If your child is otherwise active and playful, I would not be concerned.
Coriminic Syr (Pseudoephedrine) can be given 5 ml twice daily. If your child has fever with temperature more than 100°F, you need to give paracetamol (Crocin DS) 3.5ml to bring down. Also use tepid sponging. The minimum gap between two doses of Crocin is 4-6 hours. The doses of Crocin and Coriminic are independent of each other.
Giving steam inhalation to your child helps in reducing the congestion. Water vapor will reach deep inside and would help in diluting the cough and thus would provide relief. Use Nasoclear saline nasal drops in case of nose block.
Hopefully that would help. Feel free to write back in case of further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe headache with fever suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for cough after fever
- What is the treatment for fever in a child
- Severe hay fever treatment
- Child having high fever suggest the treatment
- Typhoid fever treatment for child
- Treatment for child s frequent cold cough and fever
- Suggest treatment for cold and cough with mild fever
- Suggest treatment for fever with headache and cough
- Suggest treatment for low fever with productive cough treatment