Suggest treatment for fever and rashes on the face of a child

Dr. Eric Goldstein

Pediatrician

Posted on Thu, 22 Sep 2016 in Child Health
Question:
Hi my 4 year old son woke up with this on his face and a bit on hand. He has no fever and no other symptom what could this be

Answered by Dr. Eric Goldstein 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Rash

Detailed Answer:
Hello. I just read through your question and reviewed the pictures.
It appears to be a reaction to something. This could be something he ate or something he came in contact with.
If it is not bothering him, we don't have to do anything. We can wait for it to resolve on it's own. This should only take a few days. If it is bothering him, we can give him 1 teaspoon of benadryl every 6 hours as needed.
He is not contagious so it is ok for him to interact with others.
Follow up: Dr. Eric Goldstein 1 minute later
Do u think its mosquito bites or could it be anything dangerous
Answered by Dr. Eric Goldstein 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
Follow up

Detailed Answer:
It is very possible that this is mosquito bites. I do not believe it is anything more dangerous that.
Sorry for all the questions but does
It seem
Like a viral infection because he
Has a
Couple on his hand
Answered by Dr. Eric Goldstein 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follow up

Detailed Answer:
Without a closeup exam it is difficult to differentiate. But even in the case of a viral rash, as long as he is comfortable we can wait for it to resolve on it's own.