Suggest treatment for fever and fatigue

Dr. Sunil Jangid

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Fri, 12 Aug 2016 in HIV and AIDS
Question: I had sex with csw on 4th april 2016 , sex was protected vaginal ,unprotected oral ,,,i was worried after that act ,it was my first experience ,,,i start thinking about getting hiv ,,after 2 day i got extreme fatigue and high body temperature but no fever on thermometer ,,increase heart rate ,feeling of vomting ,,,it last for 3 days ,,after 7 days i develop white tounge ,,,,i had high total protein after 8 days LFT test ,,,i do CMIA test at 59 and 87 days both non reactive ,,but still have white tounge ,,,please doctor help me ,,do i need furter test ,,,or i am ok
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are free from HIV.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Welcome to HCM.

You had protected vaginal sex with CSW and CMIA test at 59 as well as 89 days is negative then nothing to worry about HIV because you are absolutely safe. As far as white tongue is concerned it might be due to some other infection or vitamin deficiency. Consult your physician to isolate the cause and follow the treatment regime as per advice. Don't get worried or anxious as you are risk free.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Sunil Jangid 24 hours later
sir i have following concerns 1) my white tounge is hairy and it get worse with sweet consumption ,,can it be oral thrush ,should i consult E&T or normal physician 2) can i tell my brother about my behaviour change of last three months was due to stress of getting hiv and now i am safe 3) do i need any further test 4) why do i have high total protein
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consult ENT specialist and follow the advice.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Welcome back and thanks for follow-up.

I don't think it is oral thrush but still I advice you to consult ENT specialist to isolate the cause. No any further test is required so allay the fear or stress of getting HIV because you are absolutely safe.

High total protein may be due to many reasons so better to at-least repeat the test and then consult physician if still remains high for further treatment. For any further query feel free to ask me any time.

Thank You
Follow up: Dr. Sunil Jangid 53 minutes later
in my last LFT total protein was 8.3 range(5.6-8.3) , taken 30 days ago , i will visit ENT specialist ,, your words help me a lot i am feeling relaxed now ,
Thank you doctor
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is within normal limits.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Welcome back once again.

I am very happy to hear that you are feeling relaxed now and your total protein is also in normal range so nothing to worry about. Forget about the past and move ahead in life happily with your family.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Sunil Jangid 2 days later
sir ,can co infection with hep c delay hiv testing ,,,this one is my last question ,,thanks for your support and patience
thank you ,,,
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No it will not.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Co-infection with Hepatitis C has nothing to do with HIV test result so don't worry or get scared. Be relaxed and move ahead in life happily with your family.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee