Suggest treatment for fever and fatigue with vertigo

Dr. Rahul Tawde

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I had a deep cough/laryngitis/fever & fatigue last week. This week the fever is gone but I still have a bad cough and rattling in my lungs when I breathe in & out. I am now having vertigo also, coughing a lot but nothing comes up....not sure if I should see a doctor
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Ok

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for posting your question on Healthcaremagic.
Usually after any viral infection the cough is the last symptom to go.
The vertigo you are facing could either be due to excessive cough or viral labrynthiris which is ag again very common post viral infection.
Usually labrynthiris resolves by 2 weeks and the vertigo would disappear. But if it is very troublesome you could use Tab Vertin.
As with cough if there is no expectoration this and the sounds in the airway and chest is due to a hyper reactive response due to the infection.
you could use cough suppressants like linctus codeine.
Steam inhalations twice a day would also help
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D