Suggest treatment for fever and bronchitis in a person with IBS

Dr. Abhay A Mali

Diabetologist

Posted on Mon, 20 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: My wife has a fever or 100.6 and has had bronchitis for several weeks. She is also a type 1 diabetic and suffers from migraines and IBS.
Should I take her to the emergency room?
YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Abhay A Mali 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
She may need evaluation.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your question.
Noted your concern.

She needs detailed physical examination & detailed history taking.
Depending upon it further evaluation if needed can be suggested.
Diabetics with uncontrolled blood sugar levels are prone to develop infections especially urinary, skin & ENT infections & pneumonia.

In the presence of other comorbidities like bronchitis better to go ER.

Hope this helps.

Dr Abhay Mali.
Diabetologist.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D