Suggest treatment for fever and UTI
Your mother has recurrent UTI .
Thanks for query .However the report that you have attached is password protected hence can not be downloaded .
She was prescribed URIBIDfor 3 weeks howevre the symptoms of UTI have recurred again .
This is most likely to be due to fact that the organisms causing infection may not be sensitive to URIBID.
I shall be happy if you can post me more details to help me in making precise comments
1) Is her diabetes under control ?
2) have you done her urine culture before starting Uribid ?
Get her routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.
Give her broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefixime along with urinary antiseptic like
Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.
Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.
Ensure she drinks more water to keep urine dilute This will help to control her symptoms of UTI and Fever
Ensure that her Diabetes is well controlled.
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What treatment is suggested for high fever
- Severe headache with fever suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for enteric fever
- Suggest treatment for typhoid fever
- Suggest treatment for fever and vomiting sensation
- Suggest treatments for scarlet fever or glandular fever
- Suggest treatment for high fever
- Suggest treatment for fever due to uti
- What treatment is suggested for fever
- Suggest treatment to cure high fever