Suggest treatment for fever, abdominal gas and body aches

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Wed, 4 Nov 2015 in Headache and Migraines
Question: Hi, my son has been running a fever for 3 days 104, and foul smelling gas with body aches. He has no cold symptoms. What do you think this could be?
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Infection of gastroenteric tract ( viral or bacterial ).

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Most probable causes of your son's symptoms are infections ( viral or bacterial ) of the gastroenteric tract ( stomach and bowels ).

First three days of fever, symptomatic treatment is recommended (antifever drugs such paracetamol or ibuprofen according to weight and good fluids intake).

If fever persists after three days, stools sample and laboratory tests needed, as well as antibiotics use.

These issues should be discussed with your son's Pediatrician.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj